During the 2017 March break, six groups of Ridley students embarked on life-changing trips around the globe. With many adventures and memorable stories, it was almost too hard to limit the list of amazing experiences to just ten.
1. Bonding with the talented students of the Jacaranda School in Malawi through music lessons and theatre.
2. Putting the finishing touches on the Centre of Hope – a school for special needs children, that Ridley Students helped build in El Progreso, Guatemala.
3. Earning scuba diving certification at Sodwana Bay – South Africa’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. Visiting the Vimy Memorial in France just before the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
5. Rowing with the Canadian National Team, who were training at Shawnigan Lake, in British Columbia.
6. The Days for Girls group presenting 50 feminine hygiene kits to girls in Malawi. Having worked tirelessly, for weeks, to prepare the hand-sewn packages.
7. Climbing one of El Salvador’s highest peaks, the Santa Ana Volcano.
8. Experiencing a mock elephant charge at Balule Nature Reserve in South Africa.
9. Attending the Last Post Ceremony, at the Menin Gate in Ypres, Belgium, which has been held every night since 1928.
10. Visiting with Old Ridleian, Gaby Florigo de Luna ‘99, in Guatemala.